Saturday, August 20, 2011

SAINT PATRICK'S SEMINARY


Saint Patrick - in all his garrish glory.


These snakes are really scared.

I saw signs for an estate sale at Saint Patrick's seminary. I decided I would check it out.
Neighbor Paul needed a ride to Redwood City to drop off his car for repairs. I followed him over there then we had coffee at Peet's then walked through the Farmers' Market. I dropped him off at home but later he wanted to check out the estate sale so I agreed to take him over there.

The estate sale was interesting. It seemed like the sale was winding down a guest house for priests. The house was a three storey building with individual suites of bedroom, sitting room, bathroom. Most of the furniture was a mix of French and Mission Revival. It seemed like all of the bargains were sold on the first day of the sale - yesterday. Isn't that always the way.

I did bump into Síle O'Reilly at the sale. I have great memories of seeing Síle perform with her choir in the chapel of Saint Patrick's. It was good to see her again and chat about her hens and bees.



2 comments:

reyrey said...

I love St. Patrick's Seminary. It has been a long time since your last post my son.

MáirtínTJ said...

I'm not on vacation any more, Father Ted.