Sunday, July 28, 2013

VideoBlog: FESTNOZ










I took the train to Nantes by myself on Friday morning for the big FestNoz at the chateau.  The Irish group Lúnasa were the headliners but I'm not sure why.  Don't get me wrong - I love Lúnasa and have their albums and have seen them live several times before.  But this was supposed to be a Breton night.  The music was great but very few people could dance to it.
The other groups were fabulous.  Music and dance together all night long.  I linked my pinky many times to dance.  There is nothing quite like this in the Irish tradition.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to make out individuals in the video. Mr. M, are you one of the dancers?

MáirtínTJ said...

I was one of the dancers but not in the videos. Breton dancing requires a linking of pinkies or arms (depending on the dance). I had to sit out the dances that I wanted to get sample video of.