Monday, April 21, 2014

MÓRSHIÚL NA CÁSCA









A fine day for a parade.
I took the LUAS into the city centre to see the official Easter parade but when I got there it was all over.
I went for a pint at Briody's to get my bearings.  Then I went up to Parnell Square where the Sinn Féin parade was starting from.  I was still too early so I had a coffee and a scone at a little cafe on the corner.
At about 2:30 I wandered back to the Garden of Remembrance for the beginning of the parade.  I tried to get a selfie with Gerry Adams but there were mobs of people around him getting their pictures took.
We marched down Parnell Square to Parnell Street, then up Summerhill and Seán MacDermott Street, and around by Cathal Brugha Street back into O'Connell Street where a platform was set up in front of the GPO.

Playlist:  Roddy McCorley, Tommy Makem

No comments: