Thursday, March 27, 2008

SONOMA COUNTY RIDE



I parked the car close to the Empire Cleaners and hauled the bike out of the back. I headed down the Prince Memorial Parkway that runs along the Santa Rosa Creek. After about 5 miles the cycleway stops and there is nowhere else to go except on surface streets. I asked this old guy with a dog where the street led to. He told me to go a little way then turn right, then turn right again and I would soon be cruising into Sebastopol. It wasn't like that at all. I followed his directions but I only ended up riding through rolling farmlands. Eventually I got tired of not arriving anywhere (the leitmotif for my life) so I headed back the way I had come, but instead of getting back on the Creekside route I continued on West 3rd Street. I stopped briefly at the Imwalle Garden farmstand to buy some things for dinner. The lady there told me I was only about a mile and a half from downtown Santa Rosa. She told me how to get to Sebastopol which I think I will try to do tomorrow.

No comments: