Sunday, September 14, 2008

WILD WEEKEND

Rich is laid up again with a bad leg. This time it is his left knee that gave out on Saturday as he was walking with the kids in downtown Menlo Park. I was up in San Francisco at Book Club when he called me to have me pick him up because he couldn't walk. I took him home but later in the afternoon I thought it would be a good idea to take him to urgent care in Palo Alto. I had to drop him off and leave him so that I could get back to the kids. They x-rayed the knee which was visibly swollen but they couldn't see anything definite. They told him to rest it in an elevated position and wait until the swelling goes down before coming back for an MRI. Right now he is at home resting the leg. Mr. Maggi and Gwen came down from the city this morning to cheer him up. They took him out to breakfast when I went to Santa Cruz for my choir practise.

No comments: