Monday, July 24, 2006

DONEGAL TOWN


July 15, 2006

I got on the road at about noon. I drove straight through Kells and Navan. In Cavan I stopped briefly to find the crystal factory. The hotel that was being built last time we were there is all finished. Now the showroom is a wing off the hotel. I didn't linger in Cavan because the road into the center was backed up. I decided I would see it on the way back or do a day trip out of Dublin and take in Tara and the Boyne Valley at the same time. I zipped up the N3 to Enniskillen. Again, because it was Saturday and such a fine day everybody wanted to be in town so I decided to bypass it. I took my time driving along the lake. It was such a beautiful day.
Finally, I got to Donegal Town at about 4:15 in the afternoon. I headed straight to the Blueberry Cafe for some lunch. I talked with the owner, Brian who remembered Rich and Vladimir from the last time they were here. I did a little shopping and walked around the town. The castle was already closed. I bumped into Sean from Milwaukee and chatted briefly. Things were starting to close up when I set out again for GleannCholmCille. I took my time driving through Killybegs and Kilcar. I was hoping that I could buy some fish from the boats in Killybegs but by the time I drove through there wasn't much going on.

No comments: