Monday, July 10, 2006

AG LÉAMH: A VERY GOOD BOOK by Vladimir





THE SUMMER OF RILEY
by Eve Bunting
I read this book in Paris. I loved this book so much that I couldn't put it down until I finished it completely. My favorite part of the book was when they first got Riley from the pound. I would definately read another book by this author, Eve Bunting.

This story is about a dog named "Riley" who is on trial, his owner William, and William's best friend Grace. One Summer day Riley, Will and Grace went to visit Will's next-door-neighbor Ms. Peachwood (Peachie) and her horse, Sultan. Riley got loose and chased Sultan. Sultan had hurt his leg while running away from Riley. Peachie called Animal Control to have Riley put down (In Oregon, where this story is set, chasing livestock is enough to have a dog put down.) Riley had five days until his execution. William had made an appeal to the Governor to save Riley's life. The Governor changed the waiting period to 21 days.
What do you think will happen to Riley? Will he be killed, or will he live?
(Write me a comment with your thoughts.)

No comments: