Tuesday, June 19, 2007

WELCOME HOME


We arrived at Dublin Airport on schedule - 10:30 in the morning, though our internal clock said 2:30am. Timmy picked us up and took us home. We did a little socializing (mainly scoffing down Carmel's scones) before heading off to bed for a nap.
I woke up at about 7 to the sound of rain lashing down. Helen was home from work and Timmy had our dinner almost on the table.
I tried to stay up as long as I could but started fading at around 11 so I went back to bed. But here I am, up again, unable to sleep, listening to the birds twitter as the first rays of dawn are lighting a cloudy sky.

2 comments:

Aimee and Brad said...

Hey mairtin! I love the fact that you get scones made by gran!! I'm so jealous! I miss all the home cooking!
Aimee

MáirtínTJ said...

Yes it is good. Yesterday she made a fruit cake. She also secretly showed me where the emergency Christmas cake is stored. I'm not sure why.
I linked a generic recipe for scones but if she shows me how I will post Gran's Own.
Oh, and by the way, we have gained 12lbs since arriving.