Sunday, June 24, 2007

POWERSCOURT


PLUS IMAGES

Sunday we spent at Powerscourt. We drove through the Wicklow Mountains, through Blessington and Hollywood, through Glendalough, and up to Enniskerry. Not the fastest way to ge there but definately the most scenic.
We met up with John and Ligia and Ilir and Radu at Powerscourt. There was a little sun between the showers but the gardens looked magnificent in the overcast light.
John didn't remember that we had been there once as kids. Tim took us out there in his new car for one of his Sunday jaunts. I think it was before the house burned down, so it must have been around 1971 or 72.
We went back to John and Ligia's in Bray for dinner. By that time I was feeling pretty washed out. I had been up since 3am (thanks to jetlag). I started to fall asleep on their couch.
We drove back to Walkinstown - I was doing the driving even though I was very tired. It was a miracle that we survived the M50.

No comments: