Monday, June 18, 2012

TOURS, BY HELLO KITTY TAXI


Dublin Airport


Tours Airport

The plane was very full. I don't think there was a free seat. We left Dublin late and arrived late into Tours. Shouldn't be a problem, you're thinking. But when I got through immigration and picked up my bag, the bus to the center of town had already gone. I waited for a while, vainly hoping that another navette was on its way. Finally, a Frenchwoman asked one of the airport workers if there would be another bus but was told no. The woman offered to take the Frenchwoman and her travelling companion (a Belfast woman) to the train station in her car. They asked me if I wanted to come along too. We walked through the carpark to where the airport lady's car was parked. She had a small car with a child's seat in the back and Hello, Kitty sunshades on either side. She drove us to the train station and charged us €5 a piece - same as the shuttle.



No comments: