Thursday, July 9, 2009

PEAR TART



The man from LaPeyre was coming by at 6pm to measure all the windows and doors that we want to have replaced. Rich invited Karen to help translate so that we would get an estimate for windows and doors that will pass muster with the ABF (Architect de Batiments de France). We planned for Karen and Nico to stay for dinner.
I tried my hand at making the pear tart that I had tasted at Christelle and Christophe’s house. This is one of Christelle’s specialities (she has many specialities since she is a good cook - and Christophe is no slouch in that department either).
I used the same cheese that Christelle uses, a blue cheese called Fourme d’Ambert. I put a layer of marmalade on the store-bought pastry then topped that with the pears. I crumbled about 100 grammes of cheese on top and dotted everything with butter. I had the oven preheated to 220°C and baked the tart for about 20 minutes until the crust was beautifully golden.
It turned out to be delicious. I think it wa a little different from Christelle’s. Her pears were not overwhelmed by the cheese and everything seemed a little lighter than my tart. Nevertheless, I thought it came out great and everybody said they liked it.

2 comments:

Rick said...

you have to make this when you get back!

MáirtínTJ said...

I will!