Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CHEZ-NOUS



Finally, at home in Montsoreau.
The flight on Ryanair was delayed by about an hour. We sat on the plane without any information. A French group close to me couldn’t understand the announcements so I had to translate. There wasn’t much to tell them. After about an hour they closed the doors again and we were off.

Tours was overcast and cold. Normally I leave cold and dark in Ireland but this time I flew into it. They weather has been strange all ovber Europe this Summer. The Azores High sitting over Ireland has protected it from the cold and rain coming from the Mediterraenean. France has had torrential rains and flash flooding in the south and depressed temperatures everywhere else. But that is about to change.

I took the train from Tours to Saumur. Rich was there to pick me up in the “new” car. The ’84 Visa was traded in by Karen for a “luxury” Dacia as part of France’s version of Cash for Clunkers. We got her Citroen K-Way, another varient of the Polski Fiat.

No comments: