Wednesday, June 16, 2010

CHICAGO - O'HARE



I made it on time. In San Francisco they told me that I would only have an hour to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 5 to check in for the flight to Dublin. Fortunately, the flight from San Francisco arrived 45 minutes early in Chicago but it was still a challenge to figure out how the ground transport worked. I walked to Terminal 2 before I found the elevated train. By the time I got to the Aer Lingus counter there was absolutely no line. Ditto for the security check. The TSA official had many questions about my CPAP machine and they even swabbed it down for explosives residue.
My going away dinner was really special. Jag’s boyfriend came by. I had bought some arrachera the day before. I made a garlic-ginger-cilantro-oil paste and daubed it liberally on the meat and vegetables. Then I grilled everything and served it with warm corn tortillas and black beans. Rich’s mom Anita would have been proud of me.

The weather was very strange in Chicago. At first it was hot and muggy but as we sat on the plane waiting for takeoff a thunderstorm moved through. We had to sit on the ground for about an hour before we were cleared for takeoff.

No comments: