Thursday, June 17, 2010

JETLAG DAYS


Looking south towards the Dublin Mountains


I arrived in Dublin at 8 in the morning. I stayed up until about 10:30 then went for a little lie down that lasted until 8 in the evening. I managed to stay awake until about 11 at night. I was able to sleep again for a couple of hours but at 3 in the morning I was wide awake and ready to do the tourist thing.
While I was asleep Switzerland beat Spain. This morning I watched Argentina beat South Korea and this afternoon I saw México beat France. It's hard to avoid the World Cup.

In my own personal qualifying rounds I waited all day for news of where I will be next year. Jag is my proxy. She managed to get me my third choice - a 1/2 bilingual combination at Treeview Elementary. I have to say I'm not displeased with the outcome. Treeview is a better school than Longwood but a combination class is a combination class in any language. I think I will fit right in and enjoy the new challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! On a safe trip and a new job. I llike the sound of Treeview. Very lofty.

I'm glad your back to blogging. I've missed it.