Sunday, June 12, 2011

CLT, NORTH CAROLINA


My plane.

There's not much here except USAir

It is 93°F here and the humidity is high too. The check-in lady said my curls will drop as soon as I walk down the boarding ramp. I can tell the humidity is high because my underwear is chaffing.

I wandered about the airport looking for a place to eat. I passed up the fried chicken places and settled on TJ's Carolina Smokehouse. I had pulled pork smothered in barbeque sauce with sides of fried okra and collard greens. The collard greens were macrobiotic (maybe). The hush puppies looked good until the server described them.

The last time I was in this airport we had Vladimir with us. We had just flown in from London on our way back home. There was a lightning storm and the power went out while we were in the elevator. We were stuck for over an hour and missed our flight. We stayed overnight at an airport hotel and flew out early next morning. It looks like a whole new airport since then. And no elevators to get stuck in.

No comments: