Saturday, June 18, 2011

IN TRANSIT


A mighty Airbus

I was up bright and early at 3am for my flight to France. Unfortunately, my flight wasn't until 9:25 so I had a couple of hours to kill before the rest of the household was up. Jetlag - it's an ugly thing.

Timmy got up at about 7am and we were on the way to the airport by 7:15. It was lashing down rain - the Summer Monsoon, I suppose - but there wasn't much traffic at that time of the morning so we made good time.

Ryanair had only one line, a very long line, for check-in. I had already checked-in online (along with everybody else, I suppose) but that didn't mean I could skip the bag-drop queue. When I got to the desk, finally, the agent had never heard of a CPAP machine. I was diverted to the ticket counter for further investigation. That agent waved me on without much fuss though he seemed a little surprised that I was even asking about it.

I had plenty of time for breakfast in the new terminal.

No comments: