Sunday, August 15, 2010

RICK



I spent the day in San Francisco. I started with BookClub in the morning. All the girls were there, including Greta with her "relooking", but the boys were mostly absent. It was a tough book, Amos Oz's A Tale of Love and Darkness about his grandmother's suicide. I didn't read it because I was in France and I don't like his writing. Everybody else thought that it was too long and too detailed but that it did have some beautifully written passages.
After book club I walked to the Ferry Building with AMG. We got all caught up on vacation stuff as we walked. I like this après BookClub tradition that we have developed.
After a quick visit to the library I drove up to Rick's neighborhood. It took me a while to navigate around the new Octavia Street but as I got closer to Lily Street I saw Rick on the corner talking with a neighbor. He showed me where to park on his street. We walked straight down Laguna to Momi Toby's coffee house. Rick had to walk very slowly - this was his first outing on the new hip so he had to take it very slowly and carefully. I didn't mind at all. It gave us a chance to catch up on our Summer.


3 comments:

Curtis said...

Nice photo of you Mairtin!

Rick said...

looks like a sunny day! ;-)

good outing. : )

Rick said...

forgot to say thanks again for the help Mairtin! ;-)