Thursday, July 12, 2012

BEAUVAIS




Beauvais has changed a lot since the last time I was through here. Back then, the shuttle left from a parking lot at Porte Maillot. Now, the parking lot is a real bus terminal with buses leaving according to the RyanAir schedule of flights. It's a slick operation.
We had a continental breakfast at a little cafe. For some reason Rich declined the opportunity to have a pint at the James Joyce (there's always an "Irish" pub). He took off for the train station in Montparnasse and I waited for the right bus.
The journey takes about 90 minutes about the same length of time it would take me to fly to Dublin. I was able to get an earlier bus so I had plenty of time to check out the 3 retail spaces at the terminal (There are now 2 terminals).
The flight was completely full. I hung back as people lined up to board so that I was one of the last people on - but I was one of the first people off at the other end.


No comments: