Wednesday, October 21, 2015

FRANKLY, MY DEAR, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN

Today, I experienced the true meaning of the French expression "Je m'en fou" (Póg mo thóin).
My builder came by the house to give me a tongue lashing about the work I have accomplished in my house.  I seriously expected him to offer me a job.  But instead, he ranted on about the "black economy".  I think he is preparing a case for the European Court of Human Rights.
In these situations, I always fall back on Constant's perennial question:  Who is the client?  Who is paying the bill? Oh yea, it's me, who just worked my ass off to tear out a stone staircase and knows from bitter experience that it doesn't cost €4000.  Perhaps, he thinks I should pay him in pounds sterling!

Playlist:

I Pity the Poor Immigrant
Joan Baez


No comments: