Monday, July 19, 2010

TRAVELS WITH MY CPAP


A rainy day in Donegal.

It has been an interesting experience having the CPAP machine to sleep with. I am finding my way around airport security now. In San Francisco there was no problem. It seemed like they knew what it was and had seen many come through. In Chicago, the security people acted as though they had never seen such a thing. I was sent to secondary screening so that they could open everything and check it out. They even swabbed it for explosives residue. Ryanair in Dublin were very ho-hum about it but Ryanair in Tours asked me if I had documentation proving what it was. They were very perplexed by it. And since Ryanair only allow one piece of hand baggage, excluding medical equipment, I was interrogated by more than one passenger about how I managed to get two pieces of hand bagage on board.

2 comments:

Peggy McGehee said...

what you are saying is the security people in Chicago are more vigilant??

MáirtínTJ said...

Maybe they were looking for something to steal.