Friday, June 12, 2009

CANDES WALK








I woke up early this morning. I guess I am excited to be back chez-nous in Montsoreau.
I pottered about for a while then walked down to the center to pick up the paper and a croissant for my breakfast. The bakery lady gave me my first French lesson – une croissant, un pain. She was very happy to see me (and I her). Back at home I made some coffee and settled in to read the newspaper.
I hung out for a little, doing some gardening, and generally tidying up in front and in the back. I said hello to our fish. At least two of the fish survived the winter.
I decided to take a walk down to Càndes to see what changes have happened there. I bonjoured the mayor of Montsoreau along the way and Batboy whizzed past me on his bike. I’m already back in the swing of things in Montsoreau.
There have been some changes in Càndes. The Deco Pots pottery has moved into a bigger space and now offers tea and coffee. The little antique store, Table des Metiers, is a new fancy gift shop. And everything looks painted and spruced up for the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very jealous. Everything looks lovely and I wish I was there. It makes me happy to think of you enjoying your walk.