Thursday, June 11, 2009

TOURS


Just landed in Tours and the sun is blazing – way to go France!

The wedding turned out to be a great event – lots of dancing, lots of singing, no fighting. Aimée and Brad have set a new standard for the family.
Gemma had been feeling under the weather for the whole week that I was in Dublin. Despite that she generously gave up her room and her bed so that I would have a comfortable place to sleep. At the wedding she started to feel bad again and left the reception early to go straight to bed. Naturally, she wanted to sleep in her own bed. When the rest of us got home (towards one in the morning) I didn’t want to wake her so that I could get my things ready for what I knew would have to be an early start in the morning.
Fortunately, Helen woke up early next day and roused the household. I was already up and ready to go. I checked the schedule for my flight and realized we only had an hour or so to get to the airport. I tried to check-in online but that time window was already closed. We made a mad dash for the airport through crazy Dublin traffic, but we made it. I had to pay an additional 20 euro to check in before I could get my boarding pass.
The flight across was uneventful – except for my seat mates from Belfast who tried to get a glass of free water. I guess this was their first time on Ryanair where nothing is free. They had to settle for a 3 euro bottle of mineral water which cost them even more since they only had Sterling to pay with.

No comments: