Saturday, June 13, 2009

J'AI ARRIVÉ





I have finally arrived - I got my library card from the library (mediatheque) in Avoine.
We went to Avoine for Nico's gymnastics class and ended up spending the day there. the nuclear power industry has been good to Avoine. They have a sporting complex that includes the salon polyvalente (multisports gym), a swimming center, a cultural center, as well as this brand-new library. The downside to all this is that the region is neighbors to a nuclear power plant. We were reminded of this yesterday when I received notice in the mail that I should go to one of the listed pharmacies to pick up my iodine kit for radiation emergencies.

While Nico was at his gymnastics I wandered into the town to get a cup of coffee and read the newspaper. When I came back to pick him up we went to the library for an hour. The swimming pool didn't open until after lunch so we walked back into town to get a sandwich and have a picnique in a little park. By the time we were finished and had explored the church it was time to go back to the swimming pool. We spent the afternoon there; Nico splashing about with some new friends and me reading my book.

1 comment:

Christelle said...

on ne dit pas "j'ai arrivé" mais "je suis arrivée"!