Monday, June 22, 2009

TOURS







I waited all day for Christophe to come pick me up so we could drive to Tours to meet Rich and Ted. Before that though I had to go to the garage in the morning to see about the car. Vincent, the mechanic, remembered having worked on the car before. He said he would go get it and tow it and tow it back to Montsoreau.
Christophe. We whizzed through some beautiful villages that I would like to go back and explore.
We arrived in Tours and found parking in an underground lot in the place in front of the train station. The bus station is also in this place. We needed to meet Ted from the Paris train and Rich was flying in from Dublin but I had told him to take the 5 euro shuttle to the train station.
Ted’s train arrived exactly as scheduled. We walked around for a little wondering why Rich had not arrived yet. Eventually, we decided to go to a café at the edge of the place where we could keep an eye on the arriving buses. After about 30 minutes I went to look for him again and found him sitting in front of the train station, munching a sandwich (jambon et beurre).

No comments: