Thursday, June 11, 2009

CHEZ-NOUS


Hollyhock Jungle

I took the shuttle from the airport to the center of Tours. The shuttle lets out right in front of the train station. Even though I love visiting Nantes I have to admit that everything is a lot more convenient in Tours.
I bought my ticket and settled down with a sandwich and LeMonde for the hour-long wait for my train.
I texted Christophe several times to let him know where I was. I had no way to call him since I had no credits on my French phone and my Irish phone is not working properly. The texts were a shot in the dark.
The train left on time and arrived exactly on time in Saumur. It seems that everything just works in France. I know that there is a bureaucratic procedure for everything in France but when you get in tune with that bureaucracy life rolls along smoothly.
Christophe was waiting for me at the train station. We drove the short distance to the apartment he shares with Christelle on the Quai Mayaud.
After a little rest we headed out to Montsoreau. Along the way we stopped at the E. Leclerc to pick up some groceries.

No comments: