Sunday, June 28, 2009

LA PERLE NOIRE





We went to the campsite restaurant with Stephane for dinner. Things are a little changed there. Harry James, the owner, has set up several Bedouin tents as private dining rooms. They are very colorful. He brought them back from his last trip to Irak where he usually spends the winter when there is no tourist action in our neighborhood.
We had a wonderful meal. I had a shoulder of lamb with frites, Rich had the sèche (calamari), and Stephane had a fried white fish recently caught in the Vienne.
Stephane regaled us with stories of his growing up Francophone and gay in Montreal. We had a very pleasant evening.

4 comments:

Rick said...

I see La Perla alright ;-)

Evan said...

id like to have you add captions so I can see what/who I'm looking at. Like a post card.

MáirtínTJ said...

There is a text that goes with this post but I haven'written it yet. There is only so much time . . . even in France!

Anonymous said...

These pictures bring back wonderful memories. I love this place!